- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- breakfast is sumptuous—and often includes offerings from the lovingly tended garden
- other meals require a drive, either into town or down to Mountainair
Casa Manzano Review
Tucked about a mile up a dirt-and-gravel forest road, Casa Manzano rewards its guests with intimate views of the Manzano Mountains, and accommodations that warrant its reputation as a retreat. Designed by cohost Bert Herrman, this thoughtfully laid-out modern property is beautifully detailed with red-tile roofs, Saltillo-tile floors, courtyard garden with a hot tub, hand-plastered nichos, hand-crafted woodwork, and finely impressed tinwork. And it's as environmentally up-to-date as can be. A case study of solar-powered elegance, the property contains two wings, each with two separate guest rooms and one bathroom (both rooms in each wing are ever only rented to families or friends traveling together, and who don't mind sharing a bath).
- Address: 103 Forest Rd. 321, 29 mi south from Tijeras on NM 337 and NM 55 Tajique, 87016 | Map It
- Phone: 505/384–9767
- Website: www.home.earthlink.net/~casa.manzano
- Location: Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument
- 4 rooms with shared bath.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Dec.–Apr.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Someone just posted about the fiesta, which starts tomorrow. Read more
My husband, adult son and I just took a 7 day trip in a loop from/back to Albuquerque. Read more
What city is warm year round and can access a lot of the city without driving or at least be able to get to and from home and job without driving. Read more
· News & Features
Loaded with fun, kitschy tradition from aliens to Americana, as well the more mystic legends of healing... Read more
From historic holistic practices and "energy vortexes" to art galleries and fantastic cuisine, there are... Read more
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more