- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sophia's Place Review
Devotees can't get enough of the muy buenos berry pancakes with real maple syrup, breakfast burritos (with the papas—or potatoes—inside, so ask if you'd like them out instead), enchiladas sprinkled with cotija (a mild, crumbly cow's milk cheese), and just about anything the kitchen whips up. Dishes range from creative and generous salads and chipotle-chile bacon cheeseburgers to udon noodles and fish tacos. In Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, in the heart of the North Valley, Sophia's (named after the Alice Waters-trained chef-owner's daughter) is a simple neighborhood spot, yet one that people drive out of their way for—especially for the weekend brunch. Everything is fresh, often organic, prettily presented, and always made-to-order.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Look no Further! Albuquerque Hotels Fr $55+/Nt Travelocity
- Book in Albuquerque: Save this May Fr $51+/Nt Expedia
- Super Savings on Albuquerque 3 Nts Htl + Air Fr $411 Travelocity
- $9.00 & up : Full Size rentals in Albuquerque Hotwire
- Visit Albuquerque for Less: Hotels Fr $73+/Nt — $73 Travelocity
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
We would like to have comments on our itinerary please:
We have been to Santa Fe and Taos, but are traveling with a 24 yo daughter who has not. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more