- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Albuquerque Hotel Reviews
With a few exceptions, Albuquerque's lodging options fall into two categories: modern chain hotels and motels, and distinctive and typically historic inns and B&Bs. You won't find many larger hotels that are independently owned, historic, or rife with personality, although Central Avenue—all across the city—is lined with fascinating old motor courts and motels from the 1930s through the '50s, many with original neon signs and quirky roadside architecture. Alas, nearly all of these are run-down and substandard; they should be avoided unless you're extremely adventurous and can't resist the super-low rates (often as little as $18 a night).
If you're seeking charm and history, try one of the many excellent inns and B&Bs, or the Andaluz and Parq Central hotels, which are both Downtown and quite new, but set inside distinctive historic buildings. Although the chain hotels may appear interchangeable, there are several that stand out. Two parts of the city with an excellent variety of economical, plain-Jane, franchise hotels (Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, Courtyard Marriott, etc.) are the airport area and the north Interstate 25 corridor. Albuquerque's airport is convenient to attractions and Downtown, and the north Interstate 25 corridor offers easy access to sightseeing, dining, and Balloon Fiesta Park. Wherever you stay in Albuquerque, you can generally count on finding rates considerably lower than the national average, and much cheaper than those in Santa Fe.
Browse Albuquerque Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3-Star Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Fr $183+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Albuquerque this May Fr $93+/Nt Expedia
- Unbeatable Price: 4 Nts The Blue + Air Fr $424 Expedia
- $7.20 & up : Compact rentals in Albuquerque Hotwire
- May deal: Country Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport Fr $73+/Nt — $73 Expedia