- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Albuquerque
Drive up the Camino Real (North 4th Street) or south into Barelas where you'll glimpse vintage shops and taquerias with hand-painted signage in idiosyncratic script and blazing-hot colors. Be sure to pause for a bite at Red Ball, Barelas Coffee House, or Mary & Tito's.
Visit the KiMo Theatre, in the center of Downtown right on old Route 66.
Walk or bike the Paseo del Bosque along the Rio Grande. The scenery along the 16-mi trail is a menagerie of cottonwoods, migrating birds, and the ever-present river rippling quietly at your side.
Explore the National Hispanic Cultural Center, a one-of-a-kind music and arts venue.
Witness the sunset over the volcanoes in the Western desert—a brilliant pink flood that creeps over the valley, making its way east to illuminate the Sandias before disappearing. It's even better in late August when the scent of roasting green chiles fills the air.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe