- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although Downtown doesn't have many formal attractions short of its anchor (and destination-worthy) art gallery scene, this bustling neighborhood is one of the West's developing urban-comeback stories. It's a diverting place to wander, gallery hop, shop, snack (or dine), or simply soak in some fine remnants from its Route 66–era boom years for a couple of hours. Farther east is another revitalizing section: now known as EDo (East of Downtown), which encompasses the historic Huning Highland District. This is where Albuquerque's Old Main Library—an architectural gem—and Gothic Revival high school (now condos) still stand, and several notable restaurants and shops have sprouted up.
Downtown at a Glance
Elsewhere in Albuquerque
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's