- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The historic Barelas neighborhood, to the south of Old Town and Downtown, features the must-see National Hispanic Cultural Center. Otherwise it's mostly a residential neighborhood that gradually gives way to the broad South Valley, a rough-around-the-edges area that contains modest homes in some sections, and light industry in others.
Barelas/South Valley at a Glance
Elsewhere in Albuquerque
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's