- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
The main road serving the Jersey Shore is the Garden State Parkway (GSP), a north-south toll road that ends in Cape May. The frequency of toll plazas and their slowing effect on traffic is a major headache. Having an E-ZPass tag can eliminate waiting in toll-booth lines to toss the coins into the basket. On a more relaxing note, the shore section of the GSP runs through untouched pine barrens and green fields.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe