- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
You might reach Spring Lake by bus in an hour, but traffic jams on the Garden State Parkway and the New Jersey Turnpike often add hours to arrival and departure times. Spring Lake is serviced by Academy charter buses. Round-trip tickets are $20, and buses leave Port Authority in Manhattan nearly once an hour from 8 am–11:30 pm. Buses leaving Spring Lake run once every one to two hours from 5:15 am–9:30 pm. A schedule is posted outside the Spring Lake Railroad Plaza bus station. You must call and prebook your tickets.
Academy Bus Lines (800/442–7272. www.academybus.com.)
Spring Lake Railroad Plaza (Railroad Plaza at Warren Ave., Spring Lake, NJ, 07762. 973/275–5555. www.njtransit.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's