- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Washington Inn Review
Pull out your good shoes and jacket: you're dining in an 1840s Victorian plantation home that's romantic enough for the O'Hara's of Tara. The Washington Inn has five dining areas, one of which is a wine cellar where 10,000 bottles await the uncorking. Flights of wine are available for those who prefer to take their cues from the sommelier. As for your meal, you can't go wrong starting with rock shrimp and lobster bisque, followed by bacon-wrapped twin pork tenderloins, and a dessert of fresh berries and chocolate mousse.
- Address: 801 Washington St., Cape May, NJ 08204 | Map It
- Phone: 609/884–5697
- Hours: Memorial Day–Columbus Day, nightly; Mar.–May,Oct., and Dec., Fri.–Sat.; Jan., Feb, and Nov., Sat. only.
- Website: www.washingtoninn.com
- Location: Cape May
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
2nd time in AC in 6 months. Read more
This past week my partner, Peter, and I flew down to my place in Naples, Florida for a few days, then spent five days driving my little 2 seater convertible up to NJ. Read more
I made the mistake of buying a plane ticket into Newark airport. Read more
· News & Features
Wine Enthusiast went coast to coast in search of America's superlative wine-and-dine hot spots and came... Read more
Atlantic City's been having a tough go lately, but we think that now is the time to hit the boardwalk—you'll... Read more
Poker tables can be intimidating.... Read more