- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
The Southern Mansion
At a Glance
- decor is a pleasing and effortless mix of Victorian and modern
- close to Washington Mall
- large inventory of rooms without losing the intimate feel
- longer walk to the beach than most inns
Check Rates from our Partners
The Southern Mansion Review
The stunning Italianate mansion, one of the few large estates to survive Cape May's Great Fire of 1879, now serves as a boutique hotel. Its brightly painted rooms—robin's-egg blue, mustard yellow, deep red—are filled with Victorian antiques, such as ornate fireplace mantels and four-poster beds, as well as modern amenities like phones with data ports. Stroll along the garden path and admire the flowers, especially abundant in May, or visit in December to see the parlors decked out with Christmas trees and garlands appropriate to the Victorian era.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
2nd time in AC in 6 months. Read more
This past week my partner, Peter, and I flew down to my place in Naples, Florida for a few days, then spent five days driving my little 2 seater convertible up to NJ. Read more
Renting a car in DC and after a week @ Jersey Shore will end our trip in NYC.
Prefer not to drive all the way into Manhattan.
Is there someplace to drop the rental and catch the train into the city? Read more
· News & Features
Wine Enthusiast went coast to coast in search of America's superlative wine-and-dine hot spots and came ... Read more
Atlantic City's been having a tough go lately, but we think that now is the time to hit the boardwalk—you'll... Read more
Poker tables can be intimidating.... Read more