- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
At a Glance
- accurate period decor and furniture
- downtown location
- standard breakfast
Check Rates from our Partners
Mainstay Inn Review
Fourteen-foot ceilings, tall windows, a thirteen-foot hallway mirror, and black walnut dining-room furniture show a pedigree of money and manners. The two wealthy gamblers who constructed the building in 1872, as a gambling clubhouse for their friends (men only), obviously meant to impress. In 1971, the Mainstay became Cape May's first B&B, and since then has been the archetype for those that followed. You can also stay at the adjoining Cottage, or across the street in a duplex apartment. Guest rooms and suites have Victorian antiques, while the apartment has some traditional flourishes, but is mostly contemporary with a full kitchen, gas fireplace, and a small dining area.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
2nd time in AC in 6 months. Read more
This past week my partner, Peter, and I flew down to my place in Naples, Florida for a few days, then spent five days driving my little 2 seater convertible up to NJ. Read more
Renting a car in DC and after a week @ Jersey Shore will end our trip in NYC.
Prefer not to drive all the way into Manhattan.
Is there someplace to drop the rental and catch the train into the city? Read more
· News & Features
Wine Enthusiast went coast to coast in search of America's superlative wine-and-dine hot spots and came ... Read more
Atlantic City's been having a tough go lately, but we think that now is the time to hit the boardwalk—you'll... Read more
Poker tables can be intimidating.... Read more