- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Angel of the Sea
At a Glance
- beach access
- large room inventory
- affordable options
- a mile from downtown
- room size and amenities vary
Check Rates from our Partners
Angel of the Sea Review
A sprawling 1850s mansion designed for the Philadelphia chemist who invented quinine dominates Cape May's tranquil northern shore. Angel of the Sea is Disneylike in its gingerbread perfection: flowered wallpaper, beds with ornate headboards, and a flurry of white wicker add to the fairy-tale aura. Some guest rooms have working fireplaces. Curvaceous period antiques, covered in lace doilies, outfit the common areas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
2nd time in AC in 6 months. Read more
This past week my partner, Peter, and I flew down to my place in Naples, Florida for a few days, then spent five days driving my little 2 seater convertible up to NJ. Read more
Renting a car in DC and after a week @ Jersey Shore will end our trip in NYC.
Prefer not to drive all the way into Manhattan.
Is there someplace to drop the rental and catch the train into the city? Read more
· News & Features
Wine Enthusiast went coast to coast in search of America's superlative wine-and-dine hot spots and came ... Read more
Atlantic City's been having a tough go lately, but we think that now is the time to hit the boardwalk—you'll... Read more
Poker tables can be intimidating.... Read more