- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Peter Shields Inn
At a Glance
- large gourmet breakfast
- bright and welcoming common spaces
- a block from the beach
- about one mile from downtown
- some rooms are small
Check Rates from our Partners
Peter Shields Inn Review
White columns rise skyward to the large portico at the entrance of this 1907 Georgian Revival mansion on Cape May's peaceful northern shore. Inside, the wide double staircase in the lobby continues the grandeur. Victorian-era rooms are decorated with massive carved headboards, stuffed chairs, and working fireplaces. Some baths have claw-foot tubs. The restaurant encompasses several different rooms: choose to dine by a large fireplace or on the west sunporch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
2nd time in AC in 6 months. Read more
This past week my partner, Peter, and I flew down to my place in Naples, Florida for a few days, then spent five days driving my little 2 seater convertible up to NJ. Read more
Renting a car in DC and after a week @ Jersey Shore will end our trip in NYC.
Prefer not to drive all the way into Manhattan.
Is there someplace to drop the rental and catch the train into the city? Read more
· News & Features
Wine Enthusiast went coast to coast in search of America's superlative wine-and-dine hot spots and came ... Read more
Atlantic City's been having a tough go lately, but we think that now is the time to hit the boardwalk—you'll... Read more
Poker tables can be intimidating.... Read more