New Jersey Shore Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Top Reasons to Go
Victorian Cape May: Sea breezes in the state's southernmost town come with a hint of historic charm. Only San Francisco has more Victorian-era homes.
Birthplace of the Boardwalk: Skee-ball, doo-wop, and fist-pumping reality TV stars have defined boardwalks at different times. Before all of that, there was Atlantic City, home to the first, the longest, and, arguably, still the best.
Great Migrations: Sunbathers aren't the only ones who come in flocks. Cape May's marshlands attract countless birds in the spring and fall, making it one of the country's great birding destinations.
Entertainment by the Sea: Las Vegas is too far away. Indian casinos don't have the ocean backdrop. For luxurious new resorts, big-ticket performances, and gaming along the east coast, there's only Atlantic City.
Endless sand: Nearly 130 miles of white sand beaches. So why again do they call it the "Garden State"?
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe