New Jersey Shore Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
The Hamptons may have the white-clad, windswept, neo-Gatsby glitz, but New Jersey has beach towns to appeal to many tastes. A leisurely breakfast on the veranda of a historic home, a long walk with waves nipping at their toes, and an evening performance at an equity theater may appeal to some. Others may opt for a weekend of stores and spas, amusements on a bustling boardwalk, and dancing the night away to the sounds of celebrated DJs. All are great reasons to take a trip "Down the Shore."
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best New Jersey Shore restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in New Jersey Shore
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
- $59-$84 -- New Orleans Historic Mansion near French Quarter BookIt.com
- $89-$112 -- New Orleans French Quarter Hotel w/Drinks BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel
Victorian Cape May: Sea breezes in the state's southernmost town come with a hint of historic charm. Only San Francisco has more Victorian-era... Read more
Atlantic City's been having a tough go lately, but we think that now is the time to hit the boardwalk—you'll... Read more
Poker tables can be intimidating.... Read more
Atlantic City is shedding its reputation for having (how do we say this) less-than-decent food choices.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now75° F Overcast 76% Humidity May 22, 2013 at 10:54AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
2nd time in AC in 6 months. Read more
This past week my partner, Peter, and I flew down to my place in Naples, Florida for a few days, then spent five days driving my little 2 seater convertible up to NJ. Read more
Hi, bad weather next week is forcing us to cancel our plans for a beach destination on the memorial day weekend
Is there a drivable (3-4 hours) destination from NJ that would be ideal (with good weather) Read more