- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Gardner's Basin Review
Once a home to pirates, privateers, and whalers, this neighborhood across the water from the Marina district is now a restored maritime village and waterfront park complete with artists and crafters, historic vessels, three restaurants, and the.
Atlantic City Aquarium/Ocean Life Center. An interactive facility with a variety of themed exhibits and aquariums. Watch feeding shows, view both freshwater and saltwater fish and turtles, and visit the touch tanks to feel the textures of crabs, starfish, sharks, and rays. 800 N. New Hampshire Ave., 08401. 609/348-2880. www.oceanlifecenter.com. $8 adults, $5 children.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $349* & up -- Premium Economy to Philly from California, O/W Virgin America
2nd time in AC in 6 months. Read more
This past week my partner, Peter, and I flew down to my place in Naples, Florida for a few days, then spent five days driving my little 2 seater convertible up to NJ. Read more
We'll be visiting Philadelphia (from the Midwest) and have a few extra days. Read more
· News & Features
Atlantic City's been having a tough go lately, but we think that now is the time to hit the boardwalk—you'll... Read more
Poker tables can be intimidating.... Read more
Atlantic City is shedding its reputation for having (how do we say this) less-than-decent food choices.... Read more