- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
White Mountain Athletic Club. The White Mountain Athletic Club has tennis and racquetball courts, as well as a 25-meter indoor and outdoor pools, a jogging track, exercise equipment, whirlpools, saunas, and steam rooms. The club is free to guests of many area lodgings. Rte. 49, Waterville Valley, NH, 03215. 603/236–8303. www.wmacwv.com.
Waterville Valley Resort. Former U.S. ski-team star Tom Corcoran designed this family-oriented resort. The lodgings and various amenities are about a mile from the slopes, but a shuttle renders a car unnecessary. This ski area has hosted more World Cup races than any other in the East, so most advanced skiers will be challenged. Most of the 50 trails are intermediate: straight down the fall line, wide, and agreeably long. About 20 acres of tree-skiing add heart-pounding stimulus. Complete snowmaking coverage ensures good skiing even when nature doesn't cooperate. The Waterville Valley cross-country network, with the ski center in the town square, provides over 43 miles of groomed trails. 1 Ski Area Rd., Waterville Valley, NH. 603/236–8311; 800/468–2553 snow conditions; 800/468–2553 lodging. www.waterville.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's