- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Loon Mountain. Wide, straight, and consistent intermediate ski trails prevail at Loon, a modern resort on the western edge of the Pemigewasset River. The most advanced among the 61 runs are grouped on the North Peak section, with 2,100 feet of vertical skiing. Beginner trails are set apart. There's snow tubing on the lower slopes, and six terrain parks suitable for all ages and ability levels. In the base lodge are the usual dining and lounging facilities. There are 13 miles of cross-country trails, ice-skating on an outdoor rink, snowshoeing and snowshoeing tours, and a rock-climbing wall in the Loon Mountain Adventure Center. 60 Loon Mountain Rd., off the Kancamagus Hwy., Lincoln, NH, 03251. 603/745–8111; 603/745–8100 snow conditions. www.loonmtn.com.
Pemi Valley Moose Tours. Eager to see a mighty moose? Embark on a moose-watching bus tour into the northernmost White Mountains. The nearly three-hour trips depart in the early evening for the best wildlife sighting opportunities. The bus is air-conditioned and screens education films about moose. Tours run late April to mid-October. 33 Main St., off I–93, Lincoln, NH, 03251. 603/745–2744. www.moosetoursnh.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's