- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Lincoln Woods Trail. A couple of short hiking trails off the Kancamagus Highway yield great rewards with relatively little effort. The Lincoln Woods Trail starts from the large parking lot of the Lincoln Woods Visitor Center, 5 miles east of Lincoln. Here you can purchase the $3 pass needed to park in any of the White Mountain National Forest lots or overlooks; stopping briefly to take photos or to use the restrooms at the visitor center is permitted without a pass. The trail crosses a suspension bridge over the Pemigewasset River and follows an old railroad bed for 3 miles along the river. NH. www.fs.usda.gov/whitemountain.
Sabbaday Falls. The parking and picnic area for Sabbaday Falls, about 15 miles west of Conway, is the trailhead for an easy ½-mile route to a multilevel cascade that plunges through two potholes and a flume. Swimming is not allowed. Kancamagus Hwy., NH. www.kancamagushighway.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's