- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Black Mountain. Friendly, informal Black Mountain has a warming southern exposure. The Family Passport allows two adults and two kids to ski at highly discounted rates both during the week ($109) and on weekends ($139). That's a great deal, as the regular rates are considered among the lowest in the Mt. Washington Valley. The 40 trails and glades on the 1,100-foot mountain are evenly divided among beginner, intermediate, and expert. There's a nursery for kids over six months old. Enjoy guided horseback riding spring through fall. 373 Black Mountain Rd., Jackson, NH, 03846. 603/383–4490; 800/475–4669 snow conditions. www.blackmt.com.
Jackson Ski Touring Foundation. Experts rate this the best-run cross-country ski operation in the country. That's due to the great advice you get from the attentive staff, and also to its 60 miles of groomed trails for skiing, skate skiing, and snowshoeing. The varied terrain offers something for all abilities. Jackson Ski Touring's trails wind through covered bridges and into the picturesque village of Jackson, where you can warm up in cozy, trailside restaurants. Lessons and rentals are available. 153 Main St., Jackson, NH, 03846. 603/383–9355. www.jacksonxc.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's