- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Attitash Ski Resort. Attitash, with a vertical drop of 1,760 feet, and Attitash Bear Peak, with a 1,450-foot vertical, have massive snowmaking operations and full-service base lodges. The bulk of the skiing and boarding is geared to intermediates and experts, with some steep pitches and glades. At 500 feet, the Ground Zero half-pipe is New England's longest. The Attitash Adventure Center has a rental shop, lessons desk, and children's programs. Attitash also has summer activities such as an alpine slide, guided horseback rides, and a scenic sky ride. U.S. 302, Bartlett, NH. Box 308, Bartlett, NH, 03812. 800/223-7669. www.attitash.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line