- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire
Spaulding Steak & Ale
Spaulding Steak & Ale Review
At the Governor's Inn, this tavern is warmed by soft lighting, exposed brick walls, wood-paneled booths, and historic artwork. This is a great place for the whole family, serving nachos and quesadillas as well as the ususal pasta, soups, and salads. Steaks here are highly recommended—try the bacon-and-blue-cheese-adorned sirloin for extra decadence. Weekly specials like the Friday and Saturday prime-rib nights are local favorites. For lunch, check out the Garage, also run by the Governor's Inn.
- Address: Governor's Inn, 78 Wakefield St., Rochester, NH 03867
- Phone: 603/332–0107
- Location: Dover
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I was just up in Franconia Notch this past weekend and the foliage is PRIME! Read more
My wife and I drove up I 93 yesterday to Manchester, NH, to visit the Currier Museum of Art and tour the Zimmerman House, a Wright Usonian house that the museum owns. Read more
we are family of 5 , kids ages are 10 to 16 . Read more
· News & Features
What's old is new again, as brewers across the country rediscover the ancient alcoholic beverage mead. ... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more
Some weekends, you're looking for more rugged terrain than city sidewalks.... Read more