- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Interstate 95 and Route 1 run through Portsmouth. From the west take Route 101 and from the north take Route 16. Amtrak runs through Durham, which is a short drive to the coast. Once in Portsmouth, you can walk about the downtown, though you'll want a car for further attractions. COAST Trolley's downtown loop hits most of the city's historical sights during the summer.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe