- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fishing and Whale-Watching
Several companies conduct whale-watching excursions as well as half-day, full-day, and nighttime cruises. Most leave from the Hampton State Pier on Route 1A.
Al Gauron Deep Sea Fishing. This company maintains a fleet of three boats for whale-watching cruises and fishing charters. State Pier, Hampton Beach, NH. 603/926–2469. www.algauron.com.
Eastman's Docks. Eastman's Docks offers whale-watching and fishing cruises, with evening and morning charters. River St., Seabrook, NH, 03874. 603/474–3461. www.eastmansdocks.com.
Smith & Gilmore. Enjoy half- or full-day deep-sea fishing expeditions with Smith & Gilmore. State Pier, Hampton Beach, NH. 603/926–3503 or 877/272–4005. www.smithandgilmore.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe