- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fishing and Whale-Watching
Several companies conduct whale-watching excursions as well as half-day, full-day, and nighttime cruises. Most leave from the Hampton State Pier on Route 1A.
Al Gauron Deep Sea Fishing. This company maintains a fleet of three boats for whale-watching cruises and fishing charters. State Pier, Hampton Beach, NH. 603/926-2469. www.algauron.com.
Eastman's Docks. Eastman's Docks offers whale-watching and fishing cruises, with evening and morning charters. River St., Seabrook, NH, 03874. 603/474-3461. www.eastmansdocks.com.
Smith & Gilmore. Enjoy half- or full-day deep-sea fishing expeditions with Smith & Gilmore. State Pier, Hampton Beach, NH. 603/926-3503 or 877/272-4005. www.smithandgilmore.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $143.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Portsmouth Hotwire
- Special deal: 3-Star Holiday Inn Portsmouth Fr $148+/Nt Expedia
- Portsmouth Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $178+/Nt — $178 Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- $272 & Up: Residence Inn Portsmouth 3-Star Hotel in Portsmouth — $272 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Portsmouth this May Fr $123+/Nt — $123 Expedia