- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Blue Job Mountain. An excellent 1-mi trail reaches the summit of Blue Job Mountain, where a fire tower provides a good view. The trailhead is on Crown Point Road, off Route 202A, in Farmington, 13 mi northwest of Dover. Durham, NH.
Wagon Hill Farm. You can hike several trails or picnic at 130-acre Wagon Hill Farm, overlooking the Oyster River. The old farm wagon on the top of a hill is one of the most photographed sights in New England. Park next to the farmhouse and follow walking trails to the wagon and through the woods to the picnic area by the water. Sledding and cross-country skiing are winter activities. U.S. 4 across from Emery Farm, Durham, NH, 03820. No phone.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe