The Seacoast Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire
New Hampshire's 18-mi stretch of coastline packs in a wealth of scenery and diversions. The honky-tonk of Hampton Beach gets plenty of attention, good and bad, but first-timers are often surprised by the significant chunk of shoreline that remains pristine—especially through the town of Rye. This section begins in the regional hub, Portsmouth, cuts down the coast to the beaches, branches inland to the prep-school town of Exeter, and runs back up north through Dover, Durham (home of the University of New Hampshire), and Rochester. From here it's a short drive to the Lakes Region.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Seacoast restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in The Seacoast
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $101.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Portsmouth Hotwire
- Portsmouth Savings! Book at Residence Inn Portsmouth Fr $272+/Nt Expedia
- $78.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Portsmouth — $78 Hotwire
- Book 3-Star Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth Fr $217+/Nt — $217 Expedia
- Book 3-Star Hampton Inn Portsmouth Fr $168+/Nt — $168 Save with Expedia, $27/night less
Some weekends, you're looking for more rugged terrain than city sidewalks. ... Read more
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local... Read more
Emerge from the long winter with a wellness-inspired pick-me-up—set out for a rejuvenating getaway... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now54° F Overcast 100% Humidity May 23, 2013 at 9:34AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My trip report is about a short trip to Jackson, NH that I just returned from. Read more
I've been coming up to the BOS GTG for years (2005 I think) and I always stay a few extra days for shopping and touring. Read more