Fodor's Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire
Barley House Review
A lively, old-fashioned tavern practically across from the capitol building and usually buzzing with a mix of politicos, business folks, and tourists, the Barley House serves dependable chow: chorizo-sausage pizzas, burgers smothered with a peppercorn-whiskey sauce, chicken potpies, beer-braised bratwurst, and Mediterranean chicken salad—it's an impressive melting pot of a menu. The bar turns out dozens of interesting beers, on tap and by the bottle, and there's also a decent wine list. It's open until 1 am.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I was just up in Franconia Notch this past weekend and the foliage is PRIME! Read more
My wife and I drove up I 93 yesterday to Manchester, NH, to visit the Currier Museum of Art and tour the Zimmerman House, a Wright Usonian house that the museum owns. Read more
we are family of 5 , kids ages are 10 to 16 . Read more
· News & Features
What's old is new again, as brewers across the country rediscover the ancient alcoholic beverage mead.... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more
Some weekends, you're looking for more rugged terrain than city sidewalks.... Read more