Fodor's Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire
Inside one of the old Amoskeag Mills buildings, this eatery has mod lighting and furnishings that give it a swanky atmosphere. For warm weather there's also a patio set in an arbor. Chef Jeffrey Paige, a leader in the farm-to-table movement, specializes in putting a new spin on comfort food. Start with pan-seared crab cakes or the lemongrass chicken salad. The menu changes four times a year but might include an all-natural Delmonico steak or wood-grilled scallops with superb sweet-potato hash. The martinis here are so good they've won awards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
I was just up in Franconia Notch this past weekend and the foliage is PRIME! Read more
Please help - my husband and I are flying for Scotland into Boston for a 14-day road trip and would welcome any suggestions, whether it be accommodation, routes, places to visit. Read more
· News & Features
What's old is new again, as brewers across the country rediscover the ancient alcoholic beverage mead. ... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more
Some weekends, you're looking for more rugged terrain than city sidewalks.... Read more