Inside one of the old Amoskeag Mills buildings mod lighting and furnishings and a patio set in an arbor give this restaurant a swanky atmosphere. A blunt neon sign that reads FOOD belies its sophisticated menu. The kitchen specializes in putting a new spin on comfort food. Start with pan-seared crab cakes or the lemongrass chicken salad. The menu changes four times a year but might include 16-oz all-natural Delmonico steak or wood-grilled scallops as well as superb sweet-potato hash. For the past eight years Cotton's has been voted best martinis in New Hampshire by New Hampshire Magazine.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I was just up in Franconia Notch this past weekend and the foliage is PRIME! Read more
My wife and I drove up I 93 yesterday to Manchester, NH, to visit the Currier Museum of Art and tour the Zimmerman House, a Wright Usonian house that the museum owns. Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand ... Read more
Some weekends, you're looking for more rugged terrain than city sidewalks.... Read more
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local... Read more