Crotched Mountain. New Hampshire's southernmost skiing and snowboarding facility has 17 trails, half of them intermediate, and the rest divided pretty evenly between beginner and expert. There's an 875-foot vertical drop. The slopes have ample snowmaking capacity, ensuring good skiing all winter long. Crotched Mountain is famous for its night skiing—if you can stay up you will save on a lift ticket and maybe hear a few good bands. Other facilities include a 40,000-square-foot lodge with a couple of restaurants, a ski school, and a snow camp for youngsters. 615 Francestown Rd., Bennington, NH, 03247. 603/588–3668. www.crotchedmountain.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Ski Area
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's