Pats Peak. A quick trip up Interstate 93 from the Massachusetts border, Pats Peak is geared to families. The facilities are rustic, but friendly service is the rule. Despite the short 770-vertical-foot rise, the 28 trails and slopes have something for everyone, and the resort has some of the best snowmaking capacity in the state. New skiers and snowboarders can take advantage of a wide slope and several short trails; intermediates have wider trails from the top; and experts have a number of thrilling glades and a few long runs with some serious pitch. Kids will love the three terrain parks. The newer Cascade Basin area has six trails and glades served by a high-capacity triple chair. There's night skiing and tubing in January and February. 686 Flanders Rd., Henniker, NH, 03242. 603/428–3245 information; 888/728–7732 snow conditions. www.patspeak.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's