Pats Peak. A quick trip up Interstate 93 from the Massachusetts border, Pats Peak is geared to families. Base facilities are rustic, and friendly personal attention is the rule. Despite its short 710-vertical-foot rise, the 22 trails and slopes have something for everyone, and the resort has some of the best snowmaking capacity in the state. New skiers and snowboarders can take advantage of a wide slope and several short trails; intermediates have wider trails from the top; and experts have a couple of real thrillers. Night skiing, snowboarding, and tubing take place in January and February. 686 Flanders Rd., (Rte. 114), Henniker, NH, 03242. 603/428-3245 information; 888/728-7732 snow conditions. www.patspeak.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe