- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gunstock Mountain Resort. High above Lake Winnipesaukee, this ski resort has invested millions to increase snowmaking capabilities, introduce more options for beginners, and add slope-side dining. Thrill Hill, a snow-tubing park, has five runs, a lift service, and 21 acres of terrain parks. The ski area has 55 trails (24 of them open for night skiing) and 32 miles of cross-country and snowshoeing trails. In summer, the Mountain Adventure Park offers an adrenaline rush with ziplines, an aerial obstacle course, and scenic chairlift rides. There are also trails for mountain biks, a skateboarding park, and paddleboats. 719 Cherry Valley Rd., Gilford, NH, 03249. 603/293–4341. www.gunstock.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's