- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Meredith is a favored spot for water-sports enthusiasts and anglers. Lodgers will love the luxurious beds at the Inns at Mill Falls, which are next to an old factory filled with gift and clothing shops. For a true taste of Meredith, take a walk down Main Street, just one block from busy Route 3, which is dotted with intimate coffee shops, salons and barber shops, family restaurants, redbrick buildings, antiques stores, and a gun shop. You can pick up area information at a kiosk across from the town docks. One caveat: on busy weekends, getting into town from the west can mean sitting in traffic for 30 minutes or more.
Meredith at a Glance
Elsewhere in Lakes Region
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's