- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mount Sunapee. Although the resort is state-owned, it's managed by Vermont's Okemo Mountain Resort (in Ludlow). The agreement has allowed the influx of capital necessary for operating extensive lifts, snowmaking (97% coverage), and trail grooming. This mountain is 1,510 vertical feet and has 65 trails, mostly intermediate. Experts can take to a dozen slopes, including three nice double-black diamonds. Boarders have a 420-foot-long half-pipe and a terrain park with music. In summer, the Sunapee Express Quad zooms you to the summit, there's a zip-line canopy tour, and several other warm season activities. From here, it's just under a mile hike to Lake Solitude. Mountain bikers can use the lift to many trails, and an in-line skate park has beginner and advanced sections (plus equipment rentals). Rte. 103, Box 2021, 1398 Rte. 103, Newbury, NH, 03255. 603/763-3500; 603/763-4020 snow conditions; 877/687-8627 lodging. www.mtsunapee.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe