- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Transportation on the West Side depends exclusively on where you're headed. The Palms and the Rio are within easy taxicab distance from the Strip. The Rio is even walkable from the Center Strip—about 20 minutes west on Flamingo. Beyond the Palms, and you're back in rental-car territory. Because the West Side is home to thousands of casino employees, public transportation blankets the area. That said, if you don't like waiting, renting a car is always a good idea.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's