- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Public transportation to Summerlin exists from the Strip, but considering how long it'd take you to get out there, the best bet is to rent a car. Interstate 215 winds around the outskirts of the Las Vegas Valley and ends in Summerlin; other options are taking surface roads such as Charleston Boulevard and Spring Mountain Road.
Red Rock Canyon Visitor Center. This modest visitor center, operated by the Red Rock Canyon Interpretive Association, contains an informative history of the region, as well as a number of exhibits on local flora and fauna. 1000 Scenic Loop Dr., Las Vegas, NV, 89161. 702/515–5367. www.redrockcanyonlv.org. $7 per vehicle ($3 for bikes and pedestrians). Weekdays 8–4:30; Scenic Loop open year-round, 6 am to dusk.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe