- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Everything on the South Strip is relatively close. Most resorts are within a 10- or 15-minute cab ride from the airport, and all are accessible by public transportation. A monorail connects Mandalay Bay with the Luxor and Excalibur. What's more, a pedestrian bridge across Las Vegas Boulevard links New York-New York and the MGM Grand. If it's not July or August a walking tour of this area is a fun activity. From ground level, the heft of casinos never gets old.
The Las Vegas Monorail begins (or ends) on this part of the Strip at the MGM Grand station. CAT (Citizens Area Transit) services this part of the Strip with public buses and double-deckers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's