- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Everything on the South Strip is relatively close. Most resorts are within a 10- or 15-minute cab ride from the airport, and all are accessible by public transportation. A monorail connects Mandalay Bay with the Luxor and Excalibur. What's more, a pedestrian bridge across Las Vegas Boulevard links New York-New York and the MGM Grand. If it's not July or August a walking tour of this area is a fun activity. From ground level, the heft of casinos never gets old.
The Las Vegas Monorail begins (or ends) on this part of the Strip at the MGM Grand station. CAT (Citizens Area Transit) services this part of the Strip with public buses and double-deckers.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79 & up -- 4- & 5- Star Vegas Hotels, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $22 & up -- Las Vegas Resort Sale, Up to 30% Off Caesars Entertainment
- $55 -- Las Vegas: 'Pawn Stars' VIP Tour, $10 Off Pawn Stars VIP Tour
- $75 & up -- Las Vegas Family-Friendly Resort w/Breakfast — $75 Desert Rose Resort
- $100 -- Vegas: 'Mystere' by Cirque du Soleil & Dinner — $100 Mystère Cirque du Soleil