- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Las Vegas 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Golden Nugget Review
This might be one of the oldest casinos in Downtown Vegas, but the place is as lively as ever. The biggest crowds tend to congregate in the older rooms, which are teeming with slot machines and lower-limit table games. This is also where companies such as ShuffleMaster like to pilot new games; a blackjack-derivative contest named Free Bet was a huge draw for the early part of 2013. The poker room, located in a corner of the main casino floor, holds regular daily tournaments, and offers free lessons daily at 10 am. It also hosts "Poker After Dark," a popular late-night poker show on NBC. Perhaps the only disappointment is the sports book, which is small and cramped.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Here is a link to my latest TR
http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105901 Read more
We flew out of SFO late Saturday; the Virgin Airline plane was half-full. Read more
I am planning on renting a car while on a trip to Las Vegas. Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across ... Read more
Our correspondent "studied" hard at the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend in Vegas this month, which featured... Read more
Whether you're heading to Vegas, or heading back to LA (and trying to forget the weekend's indecencies),... Read more