- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- the Tower (of course)
- singer/songwriter Frankie Moreno
- value for the rooms
- surrounding neighborhood
- ho-hum casino
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Stratosphere's 1,149-foot observation tower soars over every other building in town, and it's an iconic part of the Las Vegas skyline. The tower itself contains thrill rides, a fantastic restaurant (Top of the World), and a great bar (Level 107). The shopping mall at the top of the tower is a favorite setting for infomercials filmed in Vegas. Down below, in two hotel towers, standard rooms were renovated in late 2010 and are now downright sumptuous for the price. (Stratosphere Select rooms, with a touch more space and higher-end amenities, also are a decent value.) Restaurants worth exploring: Roxy's Diner, a throwback greasy spoon, and Fellini's Ristorante, an old-school Italian restaurant with a setting that harkens back to the days of mob-influenced Vegas.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $149 & up -- Vegas: 5-Diamond Venetian Resort, Save 50% BookIt.com
- $79 & up -- 4- & 5- Star Vegas Hotels, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $49 -- Red Rock Canyon: Day Tour, $25 Off Red Rock PM Express Tour
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/T — $116 American Airlines
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Keeping up with what's hot on the Vegas Strip feels like a full-time job...unless you follow @VegasBill ... Read more
When your friends ask what you're up to over the weekend, you can say you'll just be on the green with... Read more
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club a... Read more