- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Harrah's Las Vegas
At a Glance
- old-school Vegas vibe
- affordable, reliable rooms
- ideal location
- casino hard to navigate
- small pool
Check Rates from our Partners
Harrah's Las Vegas Review
Old-school Vegas is alive and well at this Center-Strip property. The hotel, which opened in 1973, underwent renovations in 2007 and 2008 to keep up with the times; the casino floor, however, still has a lot of mirrors—a throwback to the 1970s. Newer rooms, dubbed the M (for "modern") Suites, are spacious and contemporary, with comfy furniture in big, bold colors. The pool, though small in comparison to others on the Strip, is relaxing and fun. The most rollicking time is had at Carnaval Court, where flair bartenders do their best "Cocktail" impersonations all night long. Also, don't miss breakfast at country singer Toby Keith's restaurant, where a boat full of oatmeal becomes "Boatmeal."
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Here is a link to a trip report covering our most recent vacation in Las Vegas
http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99463 Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
Our correspondent "studied" hard at the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend in Vegas this month, which featured... Read more
Whether you're heading to Vegas, or heading back to LA (and trying to forget the weekend's indecencies),... Read more
From buzzing around a track in American muscle cars to popping champagne bottles at the Strip's newes... Read more