- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Las Vegas 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Mantra Masala Review
Indian-food purists insist it's no big deal to drive 15 minutes from the Strip to the back of a bland strip mall for exceptionally authentic cuisine. The sparely lit space comprises a pair of rooms sprinkled with exotic paintings, dark wood, and richly upholstered booths. Sitar music twangs softly overhead. Enter the dining room and smell the aroma of lamb chunks simmering in a rich cardamom sauce—a signature dish. The usual tandoori and biryani favorites are here, plus offerings such as Goa prawn curry (cooked in a tamarind-coconut sauce). The house makes its own yogurt and cottage cheese and eschews preservatives and processed foods. A dozen vegetarian dishes are offered, too.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We flew out of SFO late Saturday; the Virgin Airline plane was half-full. Read more
In-N-Out. Read more
I'd like to start planning a 2014/2015 ski vacation with my husband, and 9 and 7 year olds. Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across ... Read more
Our correspondent "studied" hard at the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend in Vegas this month, which featured... Read more
Whether you're heading to Vegas, or heading back to LA (and trying to forget the weekend's indecencies),... Read more