- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The swish Encore resort recalls the panache of vintage Vegas by dedicating one of its fine-dining venues to Frank Sinatra. Chef Theo Schoenegger, formerly of L.A.'s celebrated Patina, turns out simple, elegantly presented Italian cuisine, such as Frank's Clams Posilipo and Ossobuco "My Way." Framed photos of Ol' Blue Eyes (as well as his Academy Award for From Here to Eternity) adorn the ivory-and-ruby-hued indoor dining room with candlelit tables set beneath ornate chandeliers. The legendary crooner's music plays softly while well-dressed guests nibble their antipasto on the outdoor patio. Some just pull up a seat at the swank bar to order a cocktail or postprandial limoncello or grappa. Go ahead and imbibe!—Frankie would approve.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Here is a link to a trip report covering our most recent vacation in Las Vegas
http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99463 Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
Our correspondent "studied" hard at the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend in Vegas this month, which featured... Read more
Whether you're heading to Vegas, or heading back to LA (and trying to forget the weekend's indecencies),... Read more
From buzzing around a track in American muscle cars to popping champagne bottles at the Strip's newes... Read more