- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Las Vegas 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The swish Encore resort recalls the panache of vintage Vegas by dedicating one of its fine-dining venues to Frank Sinatra. Chef Theo Schoenegger, formerly of L.A.'s celebrated Patina, turns out simple, elegantly presented Italian cuisine, such as Frank's Clams Posilipo and Ossobuco "My Way." Framed photos of Ol' Blue Eyes (as well as his Academy Award for From Here to Eternity) adorn the ivory-and-ruby-hued indoor dining room with candlelit tables set beneath ornate chandeliers. The legendary crooner's music plays softly while well-dressed guests nibble their antipasto on the outdoor patio. Some just pull up a seat at the swank bar to order a cocktail or postprandial limoncello or grappa. Go ahead and imbibe!—Frankie would approve.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We flew out of SFO late Saturday; the Virgin Airline plane was half-full. Read more
In-N-Out. Read more
I'd like to start planning a 2014/2015 ski vacation with my husband, and 9 and 7 year olds. Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across ... Read more
Our correspondent "studied" hard at the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend in Vegas this month, which featured... Read more
Whether you're heading to Vegas, or heading back to LA (and trying to forget the weekend's indecencies),... Read more