- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- pool area
- equestrian center
- proximity to airport
- distance from Strip hotels
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
South Point Review
Perk or quirk—the South Point is the only resort in the Las Vegas area to house an equestrian center, a venue that frequently hosts rodeos and other horse-oriented shows. Elsewhere on site are a 64-lane bowling alley, a 16-screen movie theater, and one of the biggest bingo halls in town. Hotel rooms are modern and welcoming, with 42-inch flat-screen televisions, couches, and spacious desks. The palm-lined pool area is inviting, too, provided you don't mind low-flying airplanes taking off from nearby McCarran Airport. The sports book packs in big crowds on game days, with more than 300 seats. Visitors also would be wise to capitalize on locals-oriented jackpots and promotions inside the modest poker room (just be sure to sign up for a player's card).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $149 & up -- Vegas: 5-Diamond Venetian Resort, Save 50% BookIt.com
- $79 & up -- 4- & 5- Star Vegas Hotels, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $55 -- Las Vegas: 'Pawn Stars' VIP Tour, $10 Off Pawn Stars VIP Tour
- $22 & up -- Las Vegas Resort Sale, Up to 30% Off — $22 Caesars Entertainment
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Keeping up with what's hot on the Vegas Strip feels like a full-time job...unless you follow @VegasBill ... Read more
When your friends ask what you're up to over the weekend, you can say you'll just be on the green with... Read more
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club a... Read more