- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Mirage Las Vegas
At a Glance
- classic Vegas
- incredible views
- one of the best pools in town
- smoky casino
- rooms hard to get to
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Mirage Las Vegas Review
When Steve Wynn opened the Mirage in 1989, the $630-million property was the most expensive resort-casino in history. The hotel's distinctive gold windows get their color from actual gold used in the tinting process. Once it started to look a little too 1989, compared to modern hotel trends, the Mirage's casino and restaurants received an end-to-end makeover, giving the iconic property a cosmopolitan look with blacks, dark browns, and deep reds. Bathrooms have marble accents and sumptuous appointments but tend to be on the smaller side. Rooms with incredible views of the Strip and the volcano cost a bit more, but you can sometimes get a free upgrade if you request one at check-in. Several upscale restaurants, including STACK and BLT Burger, give the Mirage an impressive slate of both high-end and casual eateries.
The Love: The Beatles-inspired show from Cirque du Soleil is astounding.
The tropics: There's a 20,000-gallon aquarium behind the hotel's front desk, an indoor tropical rain forest, and the wondrous Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat
The volcano: Renovated in 2009 this Vegas icon features breathtaking fire effects and music composed by Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart.
The dolphins : Say hello to Flipper at Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat. Guests willing to burn a few c-notes can don a wet suit and act as "trainer" for a day.
No, it's not a mirage—the pools at the Mirage really are as beautiful as they seem. Surrounded by lush tropical landscaping, the pools interconnect through lagoons and link around a magnificent cascading waterfall. At Bare Pool Lounge, the newest addition to the pool complex, DJ-spun music sets a lively mood as guests enjoy European-style sunbathing secluded by towering palms.
The on-site salon specializes in hair coloring. If you're seeking a blow-out, be sure to ask about discount packages.
The Spa offers challenging (but almost offensively expensive) pool- and dolphin-side yoga classes on weekends.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
- $22 & up -- Las Vegas Resort Sale, Up to 30% Off Caesars Entertainment
- $75 & up -- Las Vegas Family-Friendly Resort w/Breakfast Desert Rose Resort
- $55 -- Las Vegas: 'Pawn Stars' VIP Tour, $10 Off Pawn Stars VIP Tour
- $80-$100 -- Vegas Hotel on The Strip w/Cabana Credit — $80-$100 Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino
Four gals (60ish!) are staying at a resort June 6-11th in South Lake Tahoe w/ a rental car. We enjoy sight seeing. shopping. kayaking. casinos. live bands. happy hours. Looking to add to our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Keeping up with what's hot on the Vegas Strip feels like a full-time job...unless you follow @VegasBill ... Read more
When your friends ask what you're up to over the weekend, you can say you'll just be on the green with... Read more
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club a... Read more