- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
At a Glance
- classic Hollywood vibe
- incredible views
- posh suites
- relatively small casino
- in-room bath products are nothing special
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Review
Everything at Planet Hollywood is designed to make ordinary people feel like stars, and the lodging accommodations are no exception. The modern standard rooms are a spacious 450 square feet, and feature a king or queen bed, a 27-inch flat-screen television, iPod docking stations, plush chairs, and warm, fuzzy robes. On higher floors, some of the hotel's pricier suites come with butler service—the "PHabulous" suites feature six plasma televisions, as well as foosball and pool tables, and stripper poles in the showers (of course). Each of these suites also comes with its own private butler. The adjacent Planet Hollywood Towers Westgate offers 1,201 apartment-like rooms and a separate pool.
The tease: Planet Hollywood's main attraction has become PEEPSHOW, a theatrical striptease starring Coco, also known as Mrs. Ice-T.
The premieres: Because Planet Hollywood is obsessed with celebrities, the property often hosts world-premiere events that attract stars from all over the world.
The restaurants: At the upscale Koi and Strip House, paparazzi are a common sight. Yolo's is good too, not as much for celeb-sightings, but more for its fresh Mexican food.
The dancers: On the casino floor, inside "The Pleasure Pit," scantily clad dancers hug the poles while men play blackjack and stare.
The Spa by Mandara still has traces of its original Arabian theme (from when the property was the Aladdin), but female guests rave about the in-house nail salon.
The pool deck offers limited bar and food service, and the better-late-than-never Pleasure Pool VIP section is swanky.
For a shopping fix, hit the onsite mall, the Miracle Mile Shops, which include a new H&M department store and Urban Outfitters, to name a few.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
- $22 & up -- Las Vegas Resort Sale, Up to 30% Off Caesars Entertainment
- $75 & up -- Las Vegas Family-Friendly Resort w/Breakfast Desert Rose Resort
- $55 -- Las Vegas: 'Pawn Stars' VIP Tour, $10 Off Pawn Stars VIP Tour
- $80-$100 -- Vegas Hotel on The Strip w/Cabana Credit — $80-$100 Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino
Four gals (60ish!) are staying at a resort June 6-11th in South Lake Tahoe w/ a rental car. We enjoy sight seeing. shopping. kayaking. casinos. live bands. happy hours. Looking to add to our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Keeping up with what's hot on the Vegas Strip feels like a full-time job...unless you follow @VegasBill ... Read more
When your friends ask what you're up to over the weekend, you can say you'll just be on the green with... Read more
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club a... Read more