- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Golden Steer Review
In a town where restaurants come and go almost as quickly as visitors' cash, the longevity of this steak house, opened in 1958, is itself a recommendation. Both locals and visitors adore this San Francisco-theme restaurant with red-leather chairs, polished dark wood, and stained-glass windows for the huge slabs of well-prepared meat. Steak, ribs, blackened swordfish, and Italian classics such as veal marsala and chicken parmigiana are particularly popular. Although you wouldn't know it from the outside, the Steer is cavernous. Lots of small, intimate rooms, however, break up the space.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $42 & up -- 4- & 5-Star Vegas Resorts, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $149 & up -- 5-Star Venetian Resort w/Suite Upgrade, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $69 & up -- Blue Man Group at Monte Carlo, up to 40% Off Blue Man Group
- $27 & up -- Las Vegas Resort Sale, up to 30% Off — $27 Caesars Entertainment
- $50 -- Vegas: Celeb Comics Penn & Teller at the Rio, 40% Off — $50 Penn & Teller
Me and my wife are planning 2 days trip from Las Vegas to San Fransisco including Yosemite park (2 days not including time spent at Las Vegas and San Fransisco).
The first thought is to leave Las Vegas Read more
· News & Features
It doesn't matter why you're going to Vegas, it just matters that Sin City is in your future.... Read more
Keeping up with what's hot on the Vegas Strip feels like a full-time job...unless you follow @VegasBill... Read more
When your friends ask what you're up to over the weekend, you can say you'll just be on the green with... Read more