- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Excalibur Hotel and Casino
At a Glance
- fun place for kids
- low table minimums make for more accessible gambling, easy access to Luxor and Mandalay Bay
- low table minimums also attract huge crowds
- most on-site dining options are not good
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Excalibur Hotel and Casino Review
The giant Lego-like castle is popular with families—child-oriented attractions include the basement arcade (dubbed the "Fun Dungeon") and the medieval-themed Tournament of Kings dinner show—but recent makeovers in all of the property's rooms make much of the property look more grown-up. The immense casino floor has lower table minimums than many other casinos on the South Strip, and restaurants such as Dick's Last Resort generally serve food more fit for an indentured servant than a king. The pool area was completely redesigned in 2010. The casino also offers free monorail service to Luxor and Mandalay Bay.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $149 & up -- Vegas: 5-Diamond Venetian Resort, Save 50% BookIt.com
- $79 & up -- 4- & 5- Star Vegas Hotels, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $55 -- Las Vegas: 'Pawn Stars' VIP Tour, $10 Off Pawn Stars VIP Tour
- $22 & up -- Las Vegas Resort Sale, Up to 30% Off — $22 Caesars Entertainment
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Keeping up with what's hot on the Vegas Strip feels like a full-time job...unless you follow @VegasBill ... Read more
When your friends ask what you're up to over the weekend, you can say you'll just be on the green with... Read more
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club a... Read more