Fodor's Las Vegas 25 Best
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Las Vegas Natural History Museum
Las Vegas Natural History Museum Review
If your kids are into animals (or taxidermy), they'll love this museum, where every continent and geological age is represented. You're greeted by a 35-foot-tall roaring T-Rex in the dinosaur gallery that features Shonisaurus, Nevada's state fossil. From there, you can enjoy rooms full of sharks (including live ones, swimming in a 3,000-gallon reef tank), birds, cavemen, and scenes from the African savannah. Kids especially enjoy the various hands-on exhibits; the Young Scientist Center offers youngsters the opportunity to investigate fossils and animal tracks up close. After that, tour the Wild Nevada Gallery, where kids can see, smell, and even touch Nevada wildlife.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Flew Southwest Airlines using points from Tulsa to Las Vegas on a direct flight-uneventful with a slight 40 minute delay on arrival. Southw... Read more
Here is a link to my latest TR http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105901 Read more