- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Las Vegas 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Guardian Angel Cathedral
Guardian Angel Cathedral Review
The Roman Catholic cathedral often has standing-room only on Saturday afternoon, as visitors pray for luck—and sometimes drop casino chips into the collection cups during a special tourist mass. Periodically, a priest known as the "chip monk" collects the chips and takes them to the respective casinos to cash them in.
Shrine of the Most Holy Redeemer. Churchgoers staying in the South Strip area stagger into this iconic Roman Catholic church for mass seven days a week. Among the more popular offerings: the three Saturday and six Sunday masses. 55 E. Reno Ave., South Strip, 89119. 702/891–8600. Weekday mass 12:10 pm; Sat. mass 12:10, 4 pm, vigil mass 5:30 pm; Sun. mass 8, 9:30, 11, 12:30, 4 and 5:30.
- Address: 302 Cathedral Way, North Strip, Las Vegas, NV 89109 | Map It
- Phone: 702/735–5241
- Hours: Weekday mass 8 am and 12:10 pm; Sat. mass 12:10 pm, vigil masses 2:30, 4, and 5:30; Sun. mass 8, 9:30, 11, 12:30, and 5
- Website: www.lasvegas-diocese.org/parishes_guardian_angel.html
- Location: North Strip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We flew out of SFO late Saturday; the Virgin Airline plane was half-full. Read more
In-N-Out. Read more
I'd like to start planning a 2014/2015 ski vacation with my husband, and 9 and 7 year olds. Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across ... Read more
Our correspondent "studied" hard at the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend in Vegas this month, which featured... Read more
Whether you're heading to Vegas, or heading back to LA (and trying to forget the weekend's indecencies),... Read more