- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Gondola Rides Review
Let a gondolier "o sole mio" you down Vegas's rendition of Venice's Canalozzo. We love this attraction because it's done so well—owner Sheldon Adelson was obsessed with getting the canals just right: he had them drained and repainted three times before he was satisfied with the hue, and the colossal reproduction of St. Mark's Square at the end of the canal is authentic right down to the colors of the façades. The gondoliers who ply the waterway are professional entertainers and train for two weeks to maneuver the canals. It all makes for a rather entertaining way to while away an hour on the Strip. Outdoor gondola rides along the resort's exterior waterway are also available, weather permitting. A gondola carries up to four passengers.
- Address: The Venetian, 3355 Las Vegas Blvd. S, North Strip, Las Vegas, NV 89109 | Map It
- Phone: 702/414–4300
- Cost: $18.95 per person (gondolas seat 4) or $75.80 total for a 2-seater
- Hours: Sun.–Thurs. 10 am–11 pm, Fri. and Sat. 10 am–midnight
- Website: www.venetian.com
- Location: North Strip
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Here is a link to a trip report covering our most recent vacation in Las Vegas
http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99463 Read more
Getting mixed feedback on which show to take them to!!!
They have never seen a Cirque show.
DH and I have seen Love.
11 year old hated Lion King, but loved Spiderman on B'way (go figure) Read more
· News & Features
Our correspondent "studied" hard at the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend in Vegas this month, which featured... Read more
Whether you're heading to Vegas, or heading back to LA (and trying to forget the weekend's indecencies),... Read more
From buzzing around a track in American muscle cars to popping champagne bottles at the Strip's newes... Read more